Thursday, April 30, 2009

"A Friend may well be reckoned the masterpiece of Nature."

I have been thinking about my friends lately - mostly about how grateful I am for the role they play in my life. Without them, I wouldn't be known.

They hug me even when I don't want to be hugged.
They make me whole-wheat cookies when I've had a long day.
They tell me that they love me.
They still tell me that they love me when I show my true colors.
They disagree with me.
They support me.
They make me laugh.
They make me feel included.
They cry with me.
When they see me cry they think no less of me.
They challenge me.

They pray for me.

After studying interpersonal relational communication for 16 weeks - I have a small grasp on relationships and really, how difficult it is to be a part of a good one. I've learned that there are a lot of people who have no idea what it is to be 'known' by someone. It hurts my heart to even begin to imagine that kind of loneliness.

I am known by God, and my friends are the tangible reminder of what it is to be known and loved - unconditionally.

I pray that I can in some way be to them all that they are to me.

I was watching this video... and it made me smile.

The subtle 'oh my gosh' from Ashley is classic - gets me every time.

No comments: