Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Tomorrow is my New Day

There was a time in my life where I couldn’t go a day without writing something - something inspiring, something revealing, painful or freeing.

As much as I love and adore the learning and stretching that goes on in college, I have began to understood it in a different light. I always expected that it would change me, and it most certainly has. I am rational now, my ideas are concrete, and openendedness has ceased to exist. Exhaustion and theory has taken over my mind and it’s reflections. I have spent so much time studying others opinions that I have forgotten to explore my own. I feel consumed - consumed by something which has changed me for the better in the eyes of some. In these eyes of mine, I see someone who has lost the wonder of this life, and the essence of what it means to truly live.

This world, although it may seem to be run and consumed with business proposals, corruption and inflation, can never be held together with such things. We are facing, as a nation, the most uncertain and potentially the most dangerous times in the financial/business world. Can we rely on these things?

We are held together with nothing more than relationships with others. We need a Father in heaven, and brothers and sisters here on earth. Tomorrow I will seek the mystery. Tomorrow I will set myself aside. Tomorrow I will love another, and let myself be loved in return. Tomorrow is my new day.

Gracious Father in Heaven, in you we are never lost. You have set the heavens in place, you have told the sun when to set and when to rise again. Spirit you have my heart to rule and to guide. Forgive me Lord for being consumed with anything but the mysteries of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Make my life worthy of the gospel I profess. It is in your matchless name that I can set myself aside and take hold of my security in You and your son Jesus Christ. Hallelujah.

No comments: