Wednesday, March 31, 2010

A life in progress

Rarely do I ever feel I complete a task. It seems that everything in my life is 'in progress'- myself included.

I get to work in the morning and spend 8 hours 'making progress' on files, and in my 5th month of the job, I still haven't seen any of those files I began upon my arrival to it's completion. Talk about patience, frustration, perseverance...

All of this progress seems to be a constant theme in every aspect of my life for the time being. Call me a waiter. No, not the kind that comes to your table and takes your order and brings you drinks, no, I mean someone who waits.

I wait for the banks to respond, for clients to call back, and for the I5 to clear up.

Reality is, there is a light at the end of the tunnel of the current real estate market, and these time-consuming (and some times frustrating) deals will end eventually. In the mean time, I am learning what it means to work hard and remember that I am providing a service to (most of the time) wonderful clients that are a joy to work with. It's worth it when you know that you are helping people.

Life, well, that is a different story. A light at the end of the tunnel? I think not. I am convinced that this process of becoming the 'me' that I was made to become is one that, in the duration of time I spend on this earth, never ends. I strive to be teachable, moldable, and to be open to new ideas - I got what I was after, apparently, and it seems to be much more work than I expected.

I'm ok with struggle and change, just so long as I'm a better version of myself when I come out on the other side.

No comments: